Wemabod Limited announced its 60th-anniversary celebration as one of Nigeria’s oldest but very solid property development and management companies.
The company which has emerged as one of the longest-standing real estate solution providers over the last sixty years is set to raise a glass on this momentous Diamond Jubilee celebration.
THE 60TH JOURNEY- Wemabod Limited is a property development and management company with a focus on property development, property management and Building facilities/ services management.
It is a wholly owned subsidiary of ODU’A INVESTMENT COMPANY LIMITED and was incorporated under the name, Nabani Estates Limited, on the 20th of September 1962. Formerly (wholly) owned by the defunct National Bank of Nigeria Limited but In October of 1962, National Bank of Nigeria Limited., sold its shareholdings for £1,231,000 to the defunct Western Nigeria Marketing Board at Ibadan and the name of the company was thereafter changed from Nabani Estates Limited to Wemabod Estates Limited, then and recently to Wemabod Limited.
PORTFOLIO AND PROFILE
With only eight properties inherited from the original company, Nabani Estates (all of which were in Lagos and Apapa), Wemabod Limited has in the last 60 years, grown its portfolio of properties to include several commercials, industrial and multi-tenanted residential properties including impressive legacy high-rise structures in Lagos and Ibadan.
Most notable amongst Wemabod Limited’s commercial properties are Western House, Investment House, Unity House, Banuso House and Awolowo House located on Broad Street and Marina on Lagos Island as well as Ikeja. Other holdings/ property developments include sizable residential real estate assets such as Wemabod Towers – 2/4 Mosley Road, Ikoyi, Odu’a House on 18C, Lugard Avenue, 37 Ikoyi Crescent, Wemabod Estates in Ikeja, Lagos state and Ibafo in Ogun state.
Wemabod Limited has evolved to provide an integrated one-stop-shop real estate solution in a bid to meet up with demands of the Nigerian real estate market and other investors from the diaspora.
CELEBRATION AND EVENTS
The event for the celebration of the 60th anniversary would kick off with a number of events which promise to be quite exciting.
- Tennis tournament in conjunction with Ikoyi Club 1938proudly sponsored by Wemabod Limited from the 17th of October 2022 to the 22nd of October 2022, at the Tennis section of the prestigious Ikoyi Club 1938.
- JUMAT Service at The Lagos Central Mosque, 46 Nnamdi Azikiwe Street Lagos Island, on Friday 21st October.
- THANKSGIVING SERVICE at the Archbishop Vining Memorial Church Cathedral, Ikeja, Lagos on Sun23rd Octoberober 2022.
- Ground-breaking ceremonies of the new 5000 sq/m. GLA Retail Development project at Surulere, Lagos on the 29th of October 2022.
- Commissioning of Units of the newly completed Luxury residential development at Ikoyi Crescent, Ikoyi on the 31stof October 2022.
- Grand finale of the anniversary celebrations with a Symposium and Wemabod Award and Gala Night on the 3rdof November 2022 at the Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja.
ABOUT WEMABOD LIMITED.
Wemabod has reinvigorated her strategies recently leveraging on five (5) Strategic pillars to grow market share and deliver value to her shareholders. These include Property Portfolio Optimization, Growth & Diversification, Financing and Investment Capital, Operational Excellence, People and Culture. These pillars have helped to reshape the strategic vision and journey of the company in delivering excellent real estate solutions across Nigeria.
‘YEMI EJIDIRAN (MR).
MD/CEO WEMABOD LIMITED